I’ve long heard the name Mizuno and always associated their gear with athletes. So I wanted to reward my athletic self with my first pair of Mizuno running shoes. I chose the Wave Horizon 3. Wow! What a complete difference from my previous shoes.
There is so much technology crafted into this shoe from Mizuno. Here are the key features: (a lot of tech talk but just know it’s loaded!)
- Engineered Mesh Upper: Both breathable and durable for high performance. My feet stay cool. My toes wiggle with delight!
- U4ic Midsole: Delivers optimal shock attentuation, durability, and a superior ride. Innovatively light, well cushioned, responsive, and resilient. It’s as if it was molded to my foot. Full circular comfort and support.
- U4icX Midsole: A lighter, more cushioned iteration of U4ic, delivering a softer underfoot feeling for a smooth transition. Found in the Wave Enigma, Wave Inspire, Wave Rider, and Wave Prophecy. Soft, soft, soft.
- U4icX Strobel Lasting Board: Ensures a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Cloudwave – Fan
- AeroHug: Upper construction designed for an adaptive fit in all stages of runners gait. You’ll enjoy this on feel on your upper foot. One of the main reasons I love this shoe from Mizuno.
Listen, I don’t know all the scientific names Mizuno has created for this shoe, I just know my feet and body feel the difference. As a note on sizing, I wear a 12 and found a 1/2 size larger fits perfectly for this shoe. (Wearing a 12 1/2.)
I’ve got to get a pair to Ryan Seacrest for as much running he does around LA all day!